Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thing 21 (23): Learn about Wikis

Comparing the Hemisphere helped me understand how children could be involved, with teacher supervision. It's a collaboration between students in NY and Austrailia. The asynchronous approach is effective, along with the sharing of data gathered at each site. With a clear purpose, I see how this approach is a great way to ferment thought and reflection. I'm continuing to digest this concept, as I want to look for ways to implement. By the way, I could see this used for some of our internal logging of events. Can it be set up like bulletin boards that shield non-participants from seeing anything? That's not the common approach I wish to do. It is an option that would be useful at times.

[Addendum]: Got my answer while doing Thing 22. Sites can be private where needed. Learning is a great Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment