Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Thing 4 (23): Learn about RSS

I'm trying two blog readers. Google Reader and Bloglines. Not sure which I'm going to like. I may go with Google in the end as I have several access tools through that portal, which would make it more convenient. But for this exploration I will try bloglines as requested by the course. I didn't realize how I was already using RSS feeds through the google portal, or igoogle. I'm very intregued by the process.

Addendum: I LOVE Bloglines. It's bookmarked, its on my smartphone, it's soooo addictive. The look and feel of it makes it easy to navigate to the blog feeds I want to keep up on. I am happy :)

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to be able to compare two similar tools, but often we get comfortable with one way of doing things, and tend to not take the time to look at other possibilities. It's good that you could compare - will be interesting to see if you continue to LOVE Bloglines. We're actually using it to keep track of all the blogs in the project, so we know when a participant's blog has been updated. You could do the same thing with students blogs in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. That's a missing piece I'd not connected. Thank you. Using bloglines to track participant entries is a much easier management tool. "Click" - hear that. My epiphany :)

    ReplyDelete