Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Think 23 (23): Wrap Up: Reflect on your journey


The primary concept I learned from this experience is how powerful these tools are for communication as part of an elaborate interconnected community. Blogs, rss, wikis, Delicious, Flickr, Bloglines, and other tools can work together. There is space for authorship along with collaborative data production. The journey from Thing 1 to Thing 23 was so consuming with learning and reflection that with completing the steps myself, I might have become sad that it's over.

But, it's not over. I'm enjoying so much reading other participants' blogs and responding to them. Plus I have more ideas to explore, go back and deeply use what I'm learning. It's simply not over.

As I consider how to implement many of these tools, a new chapter opens, new adventures await, and I am excited like a college graduate is for the possibilities that stretch ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Holy Moley, WB4A... I can't believe you have completed the 23 things. That's marvelous. Now the real fun begins. You get to GOOOOO DEEP...AND REALLY FIND OUT WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH WEB 2.0 TOOLS. THATS MAHVELOUS!!!!

    ttfn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm reading blogs of the others and joining the conversation on those sites, while adding more content here. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WB4A- Having only completed #1-3, I have only read your entries thru #3, but noticed your final reflection so I jumped ahead. I was afraid it's like reading the end of a book. I am trying to accomplish as much as I can this week since we are off for Mid-winter break. It's amazing to think you are all completed. The learning process has become all consuming (interupted by a 2 1/2 day trip to Lansing to work on Writing MEAP.) You are right that these 23 things open a whole new world of possibilities. I think that you should create a blog for differentiation. But, that's just my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Terry for the encouragement. This experience has energized me to continue this blog for exploring and supporting learners. Differentiated Instruction will be a major theme. Perhaps it'll be useful for you to come back and comment again. This is a great gift we have in experiencing 23 Things.

    ReplyDelete